Apple’s WWDC 2015 developers’ conference to kick off on June 8 in San Francisco
Fresh off the launch of the Apple Watch, the Cupertino-based giant today announced that it will be hosting the 26th edition of its annual World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 8 this year. The event will go on till June 12, and ticket sales kick off today and will be available till April 17, but the event usually sells out within the first couple of hours of the sale going live.
“The App Store ignited an app ecosystem that is simply amazing, forever changing the lives of customers and creating millions of jobs worldwide,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We’ve got incredible new technologies for iOS and OS X to share with developers at WWDC and around the world, and can’t wait to see the next generation of apps they create.”
WWDC is usually when Apple unveils the latest versions of iOS, Mac OS X and iOS devices. This year’s itinerary includes:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies.
- Over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps
- Access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and best practices for enhancing an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design.
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented.
- A series of get-togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities.
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment.
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.